Are you an author or a publisher seeking a way to present your book designs before publication? The world of book mockups has undergone a remarkable evolution, offering an array of online platforms and applications designed to bring your literary creations to life.
At American Print & Bindery, we understand the significance of presenting your book in the most compelling manner possible. To assist you in this endeavor, we've curated a comprehensive list of the best sites and apps that empower you to craft stunning book mockups.
Our Top Picks for Mocking Up Book Designs
- SmartMockups offers a diverse range of cover sizes and shapes for free or $14 a month/premium. It enables users to upload design PNGs, save palettes of branding colors, change background displays, generate 3D videos, and provides unlimited exports. However, please note that SmartMockups is closing in 9 months.
- MockUps Design stands out for its versatility, quality, and the fact that it's completely free. This platform offers a wide variety of items and templates, allowing users to create custom "scenes" using high-resolution digital items for decoration.
- For those seeking mockup, design, and print options, Blurb caters to various book types (hardcover, softcover, magazine, digital, wall prints), offering volume discounts, InDesign and Lightroom integrations, and pre-existing templates alongside custom design options priced by item.
- MockUp World may lack on-site editing capabilities, but it boasts a wide variety of items, mostly for free. It often features promo codes for other websites/tools, making it an excellent resource for exploration.
- Similarly, The MockUp Club provides a diverse range of items for free but lacks on-site editing capability.
- Graphic Burger offers a vast library of (mostly free) textures and items, though it also lacks on-site editing.
- If you're looking for high-quality stock photos suitable for creating book mockups offsite, FreePik might be your choice. It offers minimal functionality but great-quality stock photos for free or $14/mo. premium.
- DIY Book Design caters to a single size but provides Kindle/mobile views, composite designs with multiple products in one photo, and banner ad designs free of charge.
- Considering IngramSpark, its internal layout and design tool accommodate broader file requirements and offer pre-existing templates for print and digital books. With a more complex pricing model, they charge $49 for a print book, $25 for an eBook, or $49 for both.
- For basic design tools and extensive graphics libraries, both Canva and Adobe offer free versions with premium subscriptions for advanced features. However, they lack pre-existing mockup functionality.
Let AP&B Handle Your Print and Binding Needs
Whether you're an aspiring author or a seasoned publisher, these platforms and applications offer various tools and options to visualize your book's potential appearance. Dive into the world of book mockups and elevate your book's presentation to new heights. And once you're ready to begin publication, don't forget to contact us!